Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 has twice the compressive strength of austenitic stainless steel, allowing designers to reduce their weight compared to 316L and 317L. The 2205 alloy is especially suitable for use in the -50° F/ + 600° F temperature range and can be used for lower temperatures under severe restrictions.
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Supplier | Exporter | Duplex Ss 2205 Manufacturer
What Is 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel?
Duplex stainless steel 2205 is a two-phase, ferritic, austenitic 22% chromium, 3% molybdenum, 5% to 6% nickel alloy stainless steel, also known as x2crnimon22-5-3. It is the most widely used duplex stainless steel grade. Its microstructure contains both austenite and ferrite phases and has excellent strength and corrosion resistance. Especially the high yield strength is twice that of standard austenitic stainless steel grades.
Huaxiao Capacity about Duplex Ss 2205 Products
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Coil
- Hot Rolled Duplex Ss 2205 Coil
- Cold Rolled Duplex Ss 2205 Coil
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Strip
- Precision Duplex Ss 2205 Strip
- Hot Rolled Duplex Ss 2205 Strip
- Cold Rolled Duplex Ss 2205 Strip
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Hex Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Flat Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Angle Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Square Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Round Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Round Bar
- Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205 Hollow Bar
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Pipe & Tube
- Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 Welded Pipe & Tube
- Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 Seamless Pipe & Tube
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Sheet & Plate
- 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Plate
- 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Sheet
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Wire & Mesh
- Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 Wire
- Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 Wire Mesh
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Data Sheet
Mechanical Properties of Duplex Stainless Steel Grade 2205
(% in 50mm) min
|Hardness-Rockwell C (HR C)||Hardness-Brinell (HB)|
|2205||621||448||25||31 max||293 max|
Physical Properties of Duplex Stainless Steel 2205
|Specific Electrical Resistance,20℃(uO.m)||0.85|
|Mean coefficient of thermal expansion||11*10^6|
2205 Duplex Stainless Steel Chemical Composition:
Standards of Duplex Ss 2205:
- ASTM/ASME: A240 UNS S32205/S31803
- EURONORM: 1.4462 X2CrNiMoN 22.5.3
- AFNOR: Z3 CrNi 22.05 AZ
- DIN: W.Nr 1.4462
Applications of Duplex Ss 2205
Some of the typical applications of duplex stainless steel grade 2205 are listed below:
- Oil and gas exploration
- Processing equipment
- Transport, storage, and chemical processing
- High chloride and marine environments
- Paper machines, liquor tanks, pulp, paper digesters, etc.
Features of Duplex Ss 2205
Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 Compared with 316L and 317L austenitic stainless steels, 2205 is superior in anti-pitting and crevice corrosion resistance. It has high corrosion resistance. Compared with austenite, its thermal expansion coefficient is lower, thermal conductivity is higher.
Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 has twice the compressive strength of austenitic stainless steel, allowing designers to reduce their weight compared to 316L and 317L. The 2205 alloy is especially suitable for use in the -50° F/ + 600° F temperature range and can be used for lower temperatures under severe restrictions (especially for welded construction).
The corrosion resistance of 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel
- Uniform corrosion, The corrosion resistance of duplex stainless steel 2205 is superior to 316L and 317L in most environments due to chromium content (22%), molybdenum (3%), and nitrogen content (0.18%).
Local anti-corrosion, The content of chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen in duplex stainless steel 2205 makes it highly resistant to pitting and crevice corrosion in oxidizing and acidic solutions.
- Anti-stress corrosion, The 2205 duplex structure of stainless steel helps to improve the resistance to stress corrosion cracking of stainless steel. At a certain temperature, under the conditions of tension, oxygen, and chloride, chloride stress corrosion occurs in austenitic stainless steel. As these conditions are not easily controlled, the use of 304L, 316L, and 317L are limited in this regard.
- Anti-corrosion fatigue, Dual-phase steel 2205 high strength and corrosion resistance to high corrosion resistance fatigue strength. The processing equipment is susceptible to corrosive environments and loading cycles, and the duplex stainless steel 2205 features are well suited for such applications.
Metallography about Duplex Ss 2205 uns s31803
The chemical composition of the 2205 duplex steel gives the desired microstructure of 50 ϫ / 50 after 1900 / 1922° F(1040 °C / 1080°C) solid solution annealing. If the heat treatment temperature is higher than 2000 ° F, may lead to an increase in ferrite composition. Like other duplex stainless steels, 2205 alloys are susceptible to intermetallic phase precipitation.
The intermetallic phase precipitates between 1300° F and 1800 ° F and precipitates fastest at 1600° F. Therefore, we need to test 2205, to ensure that no intermetallic phase, the test reference ASTM A 923.