Type 321 stainless steel is titanium stabilized chromium-nickel austenitic stainless steel, and its corrosion resistance is similar to that of 304/304L stainless steel. This grade is usually used in the temperature range of 800-1500˚F. In this temperature range, the addition of titanium stabilizes the precipitation of chromium carbide, which will lead to the precipitation of titanium carbide.
321 hot rolled Stainless Steel Plate
Hot Rolled 321 Stainless steel Plate Suppliers | Manufacturer | Exporter
What is type 321 hot rolled stainless steel?
Type 321 hot rolled stainless steel is titanium stabilized chromium-nickel austenitic stainless steel, and its corrosion resistance is similar to that of 304/304L stainless steel. This grade is usually used in the temperature range of 800-1500˚F. In this temperature range, the addition of titanium stabilizes the precipitation of chromium carbide, which will lead to the precipitation of titanium carbide. Type 321 stainless steel has excellent resistance to intergranular corrosion after being exposed to this temperature range. This grade has oxidation resistance at temperatures up to 1500˚F and has higher creep and stress rupture properties than 304/304L stainless steel. It also has good low-temperature toughness and is non-magnetic in the annealed state.
Huaxiao Capacity about 321/321H Hot rolled stainless steel plate,321/321H HRP, PMP
Thickness: 1.2mm – 10mm, etc.
Width: 600mm – 3200mm, the narrowed products pls check in strip products
Length: 12000mm, etc.
Pallet: 1MT – 10MT, etc.
Finish: NO.1, 1D, 2D, #1, hot rolled finished, black, Anneal and pickling, mill finish
Service: Free samples and quick quotes, etc.
If you need ss 321 plate price, please free to contact me.
321 Same grade from different country standard
06Cr18Ni11Ti 0Cr18Ni10Ti 1.4541 SUS321 S32168 S32100
Stainless Steel 321 Chemical Composition ASTM A240 :
321H Chemical component ASTM A240 :
321 Mechanical & Physical Properties ASTM A240 :
|Mechanical & Physical Properties||20°C||93°C||204°C||316°C||427°C||538°C||649°C||760°C||871°C|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion, µm/m⁰C||–||16.7||16.9||–||18||18.5||19.1||19.6||20|
|Thermal Conductivity/ kcal/(hr.m.°C)||–||13.1||14.4||–||17||18||–||–||–|
|Modulus of Elasticity, Dynamic/ x105 MPa||–||1.93||1.83||–||1.64||1.55||1.46||1.36||–|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength/ MPa||579.2||–||427.5||427.5||427.5||410.2||110.3||96.5||–|
|0.2% Yield Strength/ MPa||262||–||141.3||124.1||117.2||113.8||110.3||96.5||–|
Stainless 321 Properties
- 321 stainless steel density:7.916 g/cm
- Melting range: 1400 –1427°C
Ss 321 Grade Welding
- Austenitic stainless steel is considered the easiest high alloy steel to be welded and can be welded by all fusion welding and resistance welding processes.
Two important considerations for the production of welded joints in austenitic stainless steels are:
- (1) Maintain corrosion resistance and
(2) Avoid cracking. It is important to maintain the level of stable elements present in Type 321 stainless steel during the welding process. Type 321 stainless steel is more prone to loss of titanium. Care needs to be taken to avoid the absorption of carbon from oil and other sources and the absorption of nitrogen from the air. For these stable grades and other non-stable austenitic alloys, welding practices including attention to cleanliness and good inert gas protection are recommended.The weld metal with a completely austenitic structure is more susceptible to cracking during the welding operation. For this reason, Type 321 stainless steel is designed to resolidify with a small amount of ferrite to minimize cracking susceptibility. Columbium-stabilized stainless steel is more prone to thermal cracking than titanium-stabilized stainless steel. Matching filler metal can be used to weld type 321 stable stainless steel. The stable alloy can be combined with other stainless steel or carbon steel.
Description About 321H/321 Stainless Plate
It maintains good resistance to intergranular corrosion at temperatures up to 800-1500 ° F (427-816°C) and chromium carbide precipitation. Due to the addition of titanium to the composition, the 321 alloy can still maintain stability in the case of chromium carbide formation.
321 alloy stainless steel has advantages in a high-temperature environment due to its excellent mechanical properties. Compared with 304 alloys, 321 alloys stainless steel has better ductility and resistance to a stress fracture. In addition, 304L stainless steel can also be used for anti-sensitization and intergranular corrosion.
Alloy 321 stainless steel (UNS S32100) is a very stable stainless steel. It maintains good resistance to intergranular corrosion at temperatures up to 800-1500 ° F (427-816°C) and chromium carbide precipitation. Due to the addition of titanium to the composition, the 321 alloy can still maintain stability in the case of chromium carbide formation. Alloy 347 is due to the addition of niobium and tantalum to maintain its stability.
Alloys 321 and 347 are commonly used for long-term operation at 800-1500 ° F(427-816°C) in high-temperature environments. If the application involves only welding or short-time heating, replace it with 304L.
The high-temperature operation advantages of 321 stainless steel and 347 alloys also depend on their good mechanical properties. Compared with 304, 304L, 321, and 347 have better creep stress and stress crack resistance. This allows the pressure of these stable alloys to meet the American Society of Mechanical Engineering boiler regulations and pressure vessel specifications at a higher temperature. Therefore, the maximum operating temperature of 321 and 347 alloys is 1500° F (816°C), while 304, 304L is limited to 800° F (426°C).
321 and Alloy 347 also have high carbon content, their UNS numbers are S32109 and S34709.
Application of Hot rolled 321 Stainless Plate
It is used in field open-air machines for chemical, coal, and petroleum industries with high resistance to intergranular corrosion, heat-resistant parts for building materials, and parts with difficult heat treatment, such as:
1. Petroleum waste gas combustion pipeline
2. Engine exhaust pipe
3. Boiler casing, heat exchanger, furnace components
4. Dust-proof parts for diesel engines
5. Boiler pressure vessel
6. Chemical transport vehicles
7. Expansion joint
8. Spiral welded pipe for furnace pipe and dryer